This course is designed to give you the knowledge and skills to undertake basic machining under supervision. This involves setting up and machining components in machines such as lathes, milling machines, cut off saws, pedestal grinders and fixed-position drilling machines. A focus skill in the course is the marking out of projects - effectively the preparation prior to machining - as this is an absolute necessity to get right in the process. Setup involves the planning and marking out prior to machining, as well as simple functions as turning on the machine and how to begin operation. You will be required to complete work tasks, both written and practical.
- Operate lathes, milling machines, cut off saws, pedestal grinders and fixed-position drilling machines
- Safety requirements
- Setup for machining on each machine
- Preparing materials for machining
- Marking out projects
NA525 Perform Basic Machining
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Please leave expressions of interest for 2021
- You must be at least 16 years old.
Students need to supply their own safety gear:
- Long sleeved shirt and long pants
- Steel cap safety boots
- Australian standard clear safety glasses
Fee For Service $560.00 (Tuition $560.00, Materials $0.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Enrol and pay online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
When You Can Enrol
This short course will be delivered again in 2021. Please register your Expression of Interest to be contacted when the next course is scheduled for 2021.