This WorkSafe-approved Refresher training course will assist the understanding of HSRs and Deputy HSRs in how they can effectively use their powers when participating in the identification, prevention and control of the risks associated with Plant (Machinery and Equipment).
![alt text](https://www.wodongatafe.edu.au/Portals/0/images/WorkSafe_Approvedtraining.png "WorkSafe Victoria Approved")
- Interpreting the occupational health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Represent designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing cessation of work
Participants are not required to undertake a formal assessment for this HSR course.
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- Barnawartha North, Vic (Logic campus)
Tuesday 18 Feb, Room Q46,
Tuesday 21 Apr, Room Q46
Tuesday 19 May, Room Q46
Tuesday 23 Jun, Room Q46
Tuesday 18 Aug, Room Q46
Tuesday 15 Sep, Room Q46
Time: 8:30am-4:30pm | (1 session)
It's advisable that you have completed the 'Health and Safety Representative's Initial Occupational Health and Safety training' to undertake this Refresher Course.
Please also note there are NO canteen facilities available at our Logic Campus. There are vending machines with limited options available and a BP Service Station located within 5 minutes’ drive of the campus, otherwise bring your own food and drink when completing a course at our Logic Campus.
Fee For Service $302.50 (Tuition $302.50, Materials $0.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Enrol and pay online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised this course is a non-accredited training program and all units are Wodonga TAFE's internal codes of reference only.
Under the OHS Act (section 67) all elected HSRs and deputy HSRs after completing the initial course of training, have an entitlement (for each year they hold office) to attend Refresher training and choose the course in consultation with their employer.
Participants should be informed by the employer of Wodonga TAFE's absenteeism policy.