This course is specifically designed for those people wanting to get a Heavy Rigid driver’s licence. Holding a HR licence allows you to drive a heavy vehicle, including bus and truck, that is a vehicle 8 tonnes GVM and above, with 3 or more axles. Plenty of driver training time, combined with theoretical and practical learning activities, ensures your best chance of successfully obtaining a heavy rigid licence.
Performing cabin checks
Performing pre-drive safety inspections
Turning and handling
Reversing and maneuvering
Gears and their uses
System of vehicle control
City and highway driving
IA206 Heavy Rigid Licence
You will undergo VicRoads-mandated theory, off-road, and on-road practical (driving) assessments.
Heavy Rigid licence is issued by VicRoads.
Course certified by VicRoads.
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- Barnawartha North, Vic (Logic campus)
- Shepparton Vic
When You Can Start
Please contact our friendly Customer Engagement team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
**Barnawartha North:** 'Enquire Now' to be notified when dates are scheduled!
**Shepparton:** 'Enquire Now' to be notified when dates are scheduled!
**Note:** This course is now delivered on a 1:1 ratio over 1.5 days.
- Have held an Australian car driver licence for at least 24 months.
- Provide primary proof of identification prior to course commencement.
- Meet VicRoads’ eligibility, medical and eyesight requirements.
- If a NSW Licence Holder, applicant must complete RMS Knowledge Test (and follow RMS medical eligibility processes) before commencing the course - booking to be made through Roads and Maritime Services.
- Be able to drive a car with a manual transmission.
- Purchase (or download) and read the VicRoads ‘Bus and Truck Drivers’ handbook. Copies can be purchased from VicRoads or any good Newsagency. Download from VicRoads website.
- Overseas licence holders - contact the Department's VicRoads Admin Officer for further information about eligibility.
Please also note there are NO canteen facilities available at our Shepparton or Logic Campus. There are vending machines with limited options available at Logic and take away options located within a 5 minutes’ drive of the campus, otherwise bring your own food and drink when completing a course at either Campus.
Fee For Service $1,440.00 (Tuition $1,440.00, Materials $0.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
Please see below: Fees include training, assessment and materials only. They do not include VicRoads heavy vehicle handbook or retesting fees if applicable. Please note fees are an estimate and can only be confirmed upon enrolment.
How to apply
Please contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 698 233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.
Retesting: Full Fee $390. This cost is the enrolment fee for each attempt of the licence retest. For every hour of training an additional cost of $195 is charged and added onto the enrolment fee as an ancillary fee.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: