Have you ever seen vehicles at the front and back of a truck that’s carrying a massive load? Those vehicles are ‘pilot vehicles’ and this is the course to be able to do it! This pilot vehicle operator course is a requirement for those who wish to apply for a pilot escort licence through VicRoads. You will develop the skills and knowledge required by pilot vehicle operators to control traffic in the vicinity of an oversized vehicle.
- Control traffic as a pilot vehicle operator
- Pilot or escort oversized and/or over-massed loads
- Use pilot and escort communication
- Coordinate breakdowns and emergencies
- Carry out vehicle inspection
TLIB0002 Carry out vehicle inspection
TLIC3010 Pilot or escort oversized and/or overmassed loads
TLIE3009 Use pilot and escort communication
TLIF3013 Coordinate breakdowns and emergencies
TLIF3060 Control traffic as a pilot vehicle operator
The theory and practical assessments will enable students to demonstrate their underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the course outcomes.
VicRoads Certified Pilot Driver Vehicle Authority Card
Once the student has successfully completed the course, they need to complete an application through the VicRoads website to obtain the Authority Card by following the below link
The applicant will need to provide 20 jobs that they have completed as a pilot. This needs to be submitted as part of the application via a log book or a work record sheet which can be downloaded from the VicRoads website.
If the applicant is unable to complete the work record sheet or log book, a Stat Dec can be submitted.
- By successfully completing this course you will receive an AQF Statement of Attainment
- Course is certified by VicRoads
- Pilot vehicle operator
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- Barnawartha North, Vic (Logic campus)
Fri 13 Sep and Fri 20 Sep - 8.00am-4.30pm
Fri 6 Dec and Fri 13 Dec - 8.00am-4.30pm
- **Level 1:** Level 1 pilot vehicle driver in Victoria is required to hold a full driver’s licence and drive a vehicle complying with the requirements of the Heavy Vehicle National Law.
- **Level 2:** To qualify as a Level 2 or CPVD applicants wishing to participate must have a minimum of 12 months’ comprehensive experience in piloting oversize loads (minimum of 20 oversize load movements during the last 12 months). Level 2 pilot vehicle drivers or CPVD are required to hold a full driver’s licence (not probationary), drive a vehicle complying with the Heavy Vehicle National Law and have successfully completed the following training through a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
Please also note there are NO canteen facilities available at our Logic Campus. There are vending machines with limited options available and a BP Service Station located within 5 minutes’ drive of the campus, otherwise bring your own food and drink when completing a course at our Logic Campus.
Fee For Service $520.00 (Tuition $520.00, Materials $0.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
Materials Included In Fees
- Reference books
- Learning resources
- Safety vest
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Enrol and pay online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pilot Vehicle course (5 units of competency) is held for 2 split days, eg. each Friday over 2 weeks, or each Wednesday over 2 weeks.
The price is $520 pp
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: