This course covers the units FWPCOT2239 - Trim and Cut Felled Trees and FWPCOT2237 - Maintain Chainsaws (equivalent to level 1 chainsaw operation). This training will provide you with knowledge and skills to safely operate and maintain a chainsaw for trimming and cutting fallen trees using a range of cutting techniques. You will learn to identify cross cutting requirements, prepare and maintain equipment, assess trees and plan cutting and trim and cross cut safely and efficiently.
• Safest techniques to operate a hand-held chainsaw to cut up wood and fallen trees and branches
• Correct posture for safe and efficient cutting
• To assess tension in wood to avoid getting your chainsaw jammed
• Chainsaw parts and functions
• Correct sharpening techniques
• Regular chainsaw maintenance
• Hazards of chainsaw use
• What is kickback and how to avoid it
FWPCOT2237 Maintain chainsaws
FWPCOT2239 Trim and cut felled trees
By successfully completing this course you will receive an AQF Statement of Attainment
This short course may be useful in applying for jobs in:
• Environmental groups
• Volunteer organisations for land care or sustainability projects
• Parks and gardens
• Council work
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
When You Can Start
Leave your expression of interest for 2020 now!
Time: 8.30am - 4.30pm
Location: Building H (Ag/Hort Building, University Dr, Wodonga)
2020 Dates: To be advised.
You must be at least 16 years of age
You must supply your own safety boots, long pants, and long-sleeved shirt
Fee For Service $360.00 (Tuition $360.00, Materials $0.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Enrol and pay online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) will be supplied for use as part of the course. This includes chaps, helmet, visor, ear protection, high viz vest.
Chainsaws of various sizes will be available for participants to use during the course.
While equipment is supplied, you are encouraged to bring your chainsaw and PPE to become familiar with your own.
When You Can Enrol
2020 Dates to be confirmed.